FEM - Racking & Shelving Product Group
As the FEM Racking and Shelving Product Group, we represent the interests of manufacturers of:
- Adjustable Pallet Racking for general or specialised warehouse use
- Drive in Racking for more specialised bulk storage
- Push Back Racking for Higher Density storage at relatively low height levels
- Gravity Live Storage Racking and Shelving for first in - first out utilisation
- Mobile Racking and Shelving for high density low turn round systems Clip together Metal Shelving systems for general storage purposes
- Library Shelving for book and other storage in archives and elsewhere
- Bolted Slotted angle for the construction of storage and other Systems
- Plastic Storage Containers, Steel Lockers and Cupboards
- Mezzanines together with Rack or Shelving supported floors
- To represent, promote and protect the interests of the European racking, shelving and related products industry
- To establish a source of information for manufacturers, control organisations, users, teaching bodies and government authorities
- To facilitate discussion about technical, commercial and economic storage equipment and methods issues
- To facilitate collaboration on definition and classification of equipment, terminology, development of standards, quality, market data, and research and development
- To publish a range of studies and documents promoting better utilisation of storage equipment
- To promote any other activity of value to manufacturers and users
The Product Group operates through an Annual General Meeting, Management Board and Working Groups, considering specific aspects of racking or shelving.
Current officers of the Product Group that meet as a Management Board are:
- President (Eugen Talmann, Germany)
- Technical Chairman (Kees Tilburgs, Netherlands) until December 2020
- Technical Chairman Elect (Stefano Sesana, Italy) from end December 2020
- Secretary General (Colin Hinton, UK)
- Technical Expert (Stefano Calzolari, Italy)
- Representatives from up to 7 member Associations: currently Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Scandinavia, Netherlands and UK.
The Product Group was formally established as the “European Racking Federation” (ERF) in UK Company law in September 2004.
Work in Progress
The current work plan consists of a number of Working Groups involving engineers from across our membership:-
- Working Group for the revision of EN 15512, plus a Worked Example for this.
- Working Group for the revision of EN 15620.
- The drafting of a revised Guideline to the application of the Drive In Code FEM/ ERF 10.2.07.
- Liaison meetings with the FEM Industrial Trucks Product Group.
- New codes on Mobile and Shuttle Pallet Racking.
- Preparation work for the conversion of 10.2.06 Shelving to a CEN code.
- CEN TC344 Annual General Meetings are held in conjunction with the R&S Annual General Meeting. Chir of this group is Giuseppe Fabbri.
- Production of Technical Bulletins on relevant issues for the industry.
- Responding to Technical queries on relevant issues or concerns.
Eugen Talmann, Germany
Associations/companies in Norway, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, France, Germany, UK, Italy, Austria, Portugal, Czech Republic, Turkey and Romania. There are also two Associate Members; from Australia and Egypt.
Colin Hinton - Secretary General
FEM Racking & Shelving Product Group
Purwell Cottage, Purwell Lane, Hitchin, Herts. SG4 0NF
Tel: +44 (0) 1462 454 296
Fax: +44 (0) 1462 454 296